Location Charlottesville Hotel
The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
To assist servers in anyway possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.
- Station set-up.
- Stock needed supplies in side stands.
- Clean-up of coffee machines and prepared coffee.
- Set-up tea station.
- Dust all tables to include table legs.
- Receive rolls and put in warmers.
- Put milk in refrigerators and set-up creamers.
- Pick-up linen.
- Check off and pick-up storeroom supplies.
- Set tables with clean, pressed linen, china, silver and glassware.
- Ensure furniture and floors are clean and arranged according to specifications.
- Assist servers during meal period.
- Remove any extra settings.
- Pour water.
- Serve rolls and butter as specified.
- Set-up breakfast buffet.
• Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in an indoor/outdoor environment.