Overview La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
The Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is seeking an experienced hotel sales professional to join our dynamic, award-winning, fun sales team. Our iconic resort has continually been a leader in the resort market by delivering exceptional meetings, individual guest service, impressive financial results and enviable associate satisfaction sco res. Omni La Costa Resort & Spa was Named #1 Wellness Spa by Spa Magazine, is a Gold Medal Resort winner by GOLF Magazine and is one of Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award 2013. Omni Hotels & Resorts ranked #1 in the Upper-Upscale category of J.D. Powers and Associates annual study for guest satisfaction, winning this prestigious award year after year.
If you are a consistent closer who exceeds monthly goals, energetic, motivated salesperson and team player then we offer the perfect environment for you to succeed. Your success will include you in on one of the industry's most profitable incentive plans. Additionally you will have the opportunity to earn more money through Omni's referral program featuring the entire Omni portfolio and Global Hotel Alliance. Achieving your annual goal will also reserve you a coveted spot on the annual sales incentive trip.
Professional Skills Needed:
- Target group accounts in the assigned geographic and or vertical market and/or territory with an emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (Regional Sales Offices, Rep. Firms, etc..) to ensure sales efforts are well coordinated.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new business to achieve personal and resort revenue goals
- Closes the best opportunities for the Resort based on the market conditions and hotel needs
- Understands the overall market in which they sell (i.e.: competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.)
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external customers, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, site inspections, etc.
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/staff support
- Generates contracts and creative proposals to meet customer needs
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to conference services
- Can develop clear and effective SMART plans.
- Possesses effective communication skills
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well organized manner
- Continues communications with group contacts before, during and after all meetings to encourage rebook of business or to solicit other business within account.
- Entertains group contacts while on property and in the marketplace. Sales managers may be required to entertain outside of normal office hours
- Represent La Costa Resort and Spa at trade shows and all functions which are related to the sales and marketing efforts of La Costa Resort and Spa
- Travel to assigned geographic market, assigned territory or event location based on travel schedule
- Participates in one on one meetings bi-weekly with the DOS.
- Attend all meetings related to the group sales department
- Maintain the highest ethical standards while representing La Costa Resort & Spa
- Achieve room night and revenue monthly sales goals.
- History of exceeding production goal year after year
- Proven track record in group sales and market development
- Strong closing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strategic sales plans with measurable results
- Execute compelling site inspections that lead to impressive closing ratios
- Creativity in sales proposals to advance business opportunities
- Experience in working with highly experienced Global Sales Offices
- Ability to up-sell and have strong knowledge of F&B, Spa, Golf, Retail and AV sales
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations
- Proactively explore networking opportunities
- A command and mastery of Delphi
- Lifelong learner with completion of professional sales development programs
Community leadership experience
- Position requires that candidate have at least an associates degree, bachelors degree preferred, and/or three-five years or more of sales experience in a luxury resort environment.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience as a Sales Manager in hotels, preferably a resort.
- Must be strategic and well organized.
- Must have outstanding selling skills.