Location Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Convention Services Coordinator is responsible for handling all administrative duties required by the Catering and Convention Services divisions in order to provide superior services to our guests.
- Schedules and prioritizes work load to meet deadlines of all managers.
- Types and distributes all correspondence, including letters, emails, proposals, contracts, etc. for assigned managers. Ensures that all correspondence is 100% accurate.
- Maintains reader files.
- Maintains account files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. post convention reports, letters, fax information, etc.
- Checks own mailbox in the morning and afternoon.
- Answers calls to sales office by third ring.
- Ensures that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. (Messages to include name and phone, group or company name, number of caller, date and time call received.)
- Enters group information (sites, resumes) in Access.
- Enters work orders in Synergy as directed by managers.
- Assists unassigned managers as needed.
- Updates bulletin boards on assigned months.
- Gathers materials and mails packages to clients as necessary.
- Takes detailed inquiry leads and submits to appropriate manager.
- Inputs amenities into Epitome for VIP clients and processes paperwork (amenity card, receipt signature from Room Service.)
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Covers for reception during lunch
- Takes minutes at committee/assistant meetings as directed.
- Participates in schedule rotation for late coverage on days the office closes early.
- Must be able to work alone as well as work well with others.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be extremely computer savvy (Microsoft Word, Publisher, Outlook, Express, Excel).
- Previous knowledge of Delphi, Opera and Synergy preferred.
- Must have good organizational skills.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .