Overview Charlottesville Hotel
The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a dynamic Sales Associate who brings strong revenue-focused hotel experience and is interested in joining an industry leading company. Based in Charlottesville, Virginia you will engage and be responsible for account development in both Group and Business Travel segments, revenue generation and new account acquisition. If you are goal oriented, energetic, have sales experience, then we offer the perfect environment for you to succeed.
Purpose of this position is to develop and execute strategic sales plans to generate and optimize overall revenues, through direct sales, that will impact positively on the hotel resulting in a profitable return on the investment. This person will join the sales team to maximize revenues and margins; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; contribute to the overall direction of the hotel and effectively manage sales expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues and RevPAR goals. Success is initially measured through sales, increased revenues, improved account revenue share and increased customer value and ultimately RevPAR Index premiums.
- Active solicitation of key accounts to generate direct sales.
- Achieve monthly (personal) room night and Revenue bookings goals and proactively solicit accounts within assigned market segment.
- Implement and maintain Omni brand standards.
- Emphasis on exceeding established group rate guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
- Assist in the achievement of overall Food and Beverage revenue.
- Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in city activities, industry associations and trade shows.
- Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels & Resorts and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
- Enjoy the Hospitality business, be able to effectively communicate expectations to the team while creating a challenging but fun work environment.
- Understand and contribute in overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we are maximizing every revenue opportunity.
- Actively direct sales associated to ensure the KRA benchmarks are met, including Business Travel Accounts
- Manage, oversee and proactively exceed Business Travel goals in the Local, Global, Consortia and Wholesale segments.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred.
- Hotel sales experience preferred.
- Remain current and proficient with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment.
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the Hotel and its amenities.