Overview La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor's Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality Sales their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Sales.
- Schedule & prioritize work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Type and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, letters, contracts, etc. for assigned managers, ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Utilize Delphi correctly, to ensure managers are able to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings
- Assist Sales Team with all Site preparation and support with sales kits / brochures etc.
- Assist managers with sales calls and participate in sites, FAMs, trade shows and other related market events as required
- Assist Sales with special reservation needs and work with Group Reservations Coordinator.
- Maintain account/booking files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc.
- Ensure that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. Messages to include name and phone number of caller, date and time call received.
- Coordinate general office functions
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients' needs are met/exceeded
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Coordinates all wedding inquiries, blocking and contracting of wedding rooms
- Executes resumes for wedding blocks and serves as main contact for wedding block clients
- Interacts directly with departments while wedding blocks are in house (weekends) to ensure a successful guest experience
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
Previous Hotel Sales and/or related experience is preferred.
Must be willing to work 50 hours per week to include weekends and some holidays
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality or Business Administration.
- Previous experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- An intermediate level of competency in all Microsoft Office products required
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional phone manner
- Working knowledge of Opera and DELPHI or related reservations software systems a plus
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
- Is goal oriented, well organized and able to multitask to meet deadlines
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .