Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The Manager, IT Construction and Projects reports directly to the Senior Manager, IT Construction and Projects with the responsibility of being a liaison between Omni IT Design and Construction teams from TRT and Omni. Responsible for assisting on projects, leading small projects as well as understanding all hotel technology and how to best build, design and deploy that technology in the Omni Hotels environment.
• Typically requires overnight domestic and international travel up to 75% of the time.
• Manages and assists with projects on implementation of all technology for system upgrades relating to In Room Technology and property based infrastructure.
• Managing of third party vendors, partners, consultants and contractors.
• Assists with compiling and coordination of blueprint reviews for projects
• Creates, maintains and updates standards and best practices for IT construction and renovations
• Consistent and timely communication to hotels regarding project status updates.
• Assists Senior Manager, IT Construction and Projects in all aspects of deploying technology in a production environment, including coordinating with third-party vendors for required go-live components.
• Maintains continuity of technology by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and ongoing needs that pertain to implementations and projects.
• Remains abreast of changes with standards and best practices for user, system software and hardware requirements
• Documents and updates implementation details/configuration and conducts turnover to support group prior to closing project.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with various departments.
• Verifies project results by conducting detailed review and documentation of completed project.
• Documents and updates implementation details with project management software
• Develops and maintains documentation/procedures for the design, build and turn-up of hotel-based systems and other regular activities related to this job.
• Informs and assists the Senior Manager, IT Construction and Projects with technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, and best practices.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Facilitates end-user staff and management training classes to ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation support requirements.
• Collaborate with team members, customers, and other managers to determine project goals, schedules and budgets, and communicate vital information to project team members and other people involved.
• Hospitality/Hotel work experience
• Project Management experience
• Valid passport is required
• Ability to partner and communicate well with internal and external business partners (hotels/vendors/contractors/consultants)
• Education or training in Information Technology or related or equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft environment including Windows operating systems & office related products
• Working knowledge of non-Microsoft software applications in a pc environment, i.e. Antivirus, Reporting Software, third party tools, and remote control software
• Individual must be skilled in the purpose, procedures and requirements of basic networking.
• Individual must be skilled in understanding blueprints, network cabling and low voltage design.
• Individual must have working knowledge of the TCP/IP network protocol.
• Individual must be able to take ownership of areas of responsibility and make recommendations and decisions on the improvement and operation of those areas.
• Individual must be customer focused and have a clear understanding of their service role in the corporation.
• Individual must interact extensively with all levels of Omni Hotels & Resorts management and is required to act in a professional and confidential manner.
• Individual must be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of users, vendors, contractors and consultants.