Location Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
The storeroom clerk is responsible for putting away received goods in proper the place, rotating inventory, requisition fulfillment and deliveries and Assists Purchasing manager in maintaining par levels. The storeroom clerk complete order placement in the computer system and works with internal customers.
- Responsible for proper storing and issuing of all products in the food, beverage and general storeroom under the guidance of the food and beverage purchasing manager.
- Stock and store all merchandise received, using the FIFO rotation (First In, First Out).
- Assists in dating groceries when necessary.
- Assists the food and beverage purchasing manager in keeping the storeroom properly organized by placing merchandise in its proper place as directed.
- Strictly adheres to the operating hours of the storeroom.
- Responsible for filling general storeroom requisitions.
- Assists in end-of-month inventories.
- Ensures all unauthorized persons "off premises", check requisitions for proper authorization.
- Assists manager in the inspection of the refrigeration units and brings to his/her attention any deviation from the set temperatures as well as any deterioration of the quality of products.
- Responsible for cleaning the storeroom.
- Follows/adheres to Omni Hotels operating procedures and local health regulations.
- Notifies manager of "dead stock" items.
- Verifies that no requisitions are left open, inform manager of all "shorts" on requisitions.
- Follow closing storeroom procedures, including ensuring all cooler doors are closed; all doors are locked, key tags on the outside door and log book available.
- Use of pallet jack and hand dolly.
- Computer, printer, telephone, facsimile machine, copy machine, calculator.
- Internal customer service, with chefs, f&b managers, and front line associates.
- Assists receiving clerk and shipping & receiving as required
- Ability to use and/or learn to use storeroom equipment including pallet jacks, flat bed carts, etc.
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Responsible, dependable
- High personal standards and values
- Flexible and cooperative
- Computer and printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, file folders, filing cabinet, facsimile machine, pallet jack, manual pallet jack, flat bed cart
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals
- Interior of hotel, in the food and beverage areas
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Standing, sitting, walking