Location Charlotte Hotel
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Class 2 Maintenance Engineer will ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests and associates in a courteous, professional and engaging manner.
- Assist hotel guests with any guest room maintenance issues (plumbing, lighting, electrical, painting, etc)
- Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities on all guest rooms as assigned
- Maintain all mechanical items in guest rooms and public areas.
- Work as a team to keep the back of house areas and equipment in safe, good working order.
- Clean all work areas after completing job.
- Assists mechanics and external contractors in repairs of hotel property and equipment.
- Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities and hotel facilities
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 - Diamond Standards of guest service
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Effectively operate computer, two way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities.
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained
- Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One
- Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Engineering Management
- Previous building maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training is required, hotel experience and training preferred.
- Commercial kitchen and laundry equipment experience is required.
- Previous experience with response to emergency situations is required.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Must possess painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry, lighting and computer skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Good communication, attention to detail, time management, computer and guest satisfaction skills are required.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- The ability to crawl for short periods of time.
- The ability to bend, reach over-head, squat, kneel for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- The ability to utilize step stools and ladders.
- Candidates must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- Candidates must live within 100 miles of the property.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .