Location Chicago Hotel
Sweet Home for sure... Chicago, the third largest city in the US, is second to none with its stunning architecture and lake front beauty. There is something for everyone in Chi-Town; world class music, theater, dining, museums, sports and shopping to name a few. The 4 star Omni Chicago sits on the world famous Mag Mile amongst high end retail stores and close to many of the most popular tourist attractions in Chicago. We are known for our quality and exceptional service. We only hire only the best to ensure we continue our longstanding tradition.
Omni Chicago's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Chicago Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Chicago Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Ideal Services Agent is responsible for providing quick, efficient telephone answering to both incoming off-property calls and in-house guests and associates; to ensure appropriate checking in/out of guests and providing services to guests in a courteous and professional manner. Ideal candidate is responsible for maintaining and organizing effective communication between Front Desk and PBX.
- Answering telephones promptly and professionally with established greeting; personalizing guests' stays when possible; having a smile in one's voice
- Assisting with questions on reservations; knowledge of ongoing packages and promotions
- Prompt delivery of and set-up of requested wake-up calls
- Passing along of information to associates and guests
- Assisting with transferring calls, accessing voicemails and messages, giving directions
- Entering requests in Synergy system; following up on maintenance requests to ensure completion
- Leading emergency and evacuation situations
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager
- To be throughly acquainted with all check in/out procedures and policies
- Be conversant with all hotel promotional programs
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time; handle many calls/inquiries on a variety of topics related to the hotel
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Pleasant telephone demeanor