Overview Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
Oversee the Convention Services Department by ensuring a consistent product to standards, while maximizing profitability and protecting the integrity of the guest experience.
- Ensure catering sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Department.
- Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the level of service maintained by the Banquet Department.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly Banquet & Catering forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Catering Sales Action Plans, on a quadrimestral basis in order to focus on client needs and maximize gap periods.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Catering Account Executives and Convention Coordinator on monthly and quadrimestral basis.
- Prepare six month rolling forecast and analysis.
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform annual performance reviews for all Catering Sales Managers.
- Have a working knowledge of Food & Beverage product offerings.
- Attend/Conduct all designates Sales and Banquet meetings.
- Plan, evaluate, organize and direct the activities of the Convention Services Managers.
- Establish and maintain rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Convention Services Department.
- Forecasts banquet food, beverage, and room rental revenues on an annual, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Attend weekly staff and group resume meetings.
- Tours the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups.
- Ensure that the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensure that all file turnover requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee the coordination of the Delphi Function Diary.
- Attend out of hotel meetings as required.
- 3-5 years of Hotel Sales/Catering experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry, previous Hotel Catering experience highly preferred.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshot when needed.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night, weekends and holidays.