Location La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Job Description SUMMARY:
Our goal is for Diversions to be the premiere lounge venue in North San Diego County. The Cocktail/Food Server plays a vital role in providing an adult escape by selling and serving intriguing cocktails, beverages and menu items. You must delight our guests with warm, personalized service.
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report for scheduled shifts on time and in the assigned uniform.
- Maintain a professional, neat, well-groomed appearance. Must be willing to abide by uniform requirements, which are subject to change, including modeling and promoting fashion and swimwear sold in LCR's retail shops.
- Welcome guests personally within 30 seconds and use the guest's name a minimum three (3) times: when receiving credit card/room information for payment, presenting check for payment, and when collecting check.
- Provide service to all guests using the Four Keys to Creating Guests for Life and LCR sequence of service standards.
- Keep the lounge and pool areas spotless at all times.
- Expedite food and beverage orders for each party quickly and accurately. Serve refills upon request and follow up for additional beverage requirements.
- Strong and detailed command of all cocktails, beers and wine list. Maximize beverage sales by suggesting trend setting, specialty cocktails.
- Request identification from guests ordering alcohol when legal age is questionable
- Promote food sales and be knowledgeable about menu items offered, including daily specials.
- Have a working knowledge of the menu items and preparation.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Maintain composure and high level of professionalism during stressful situations.
- Work as a team with all LCR Associates in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Perform closing duties and procedures.
- Work with others to keep areas cleaned and stocked to LCR standards at all times.
- Utilize the point of sale system and run all of the necessary reports. Tender all checks opened in your number, follow end of shift balancing, and check procedures.
- Be attentive and proactive in offering assistance to members and guests.
- Be responsible in the service of alcohol. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Tactfully assist in enforcing adult pool policies and standards.
- Work safely and follow all LCR Safety and Loss Prevention standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
*This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, La Costa Resort and Spa Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NECESSARY LICENSES/ CERTIFICATIONS
- A minimum of two years cocktail or food serving experience is required. Must have excellent wine, beer and cocktail knowledge and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have great communication skills - the ability to engage with guests professionally, appropriately and courteously.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
San Diego County Food Handlers card and TIPS alcohol training will be required prior to the start of employment.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .