Location Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
Job Description To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and Ecosure standards at all time.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Omni Hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Cooperate with other cooks to prepare events or special requirements on meals.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product
- Work cohesively with entire culinary staff as part of a team.
- Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Maintain all coolers and freezers, prep area and equipment up to State of Florida Health Department codes at all times.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 1 year minimum work related experience is required.
- Work related education is preferred but not required.
- Must have State of Florida food safety certification.
- Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc.
- Position requires bending, continuous standing, pushing, pulling carrying & lifting up to 70 lbs
- Ability to work standing up in a confined area for long periods of time in order to perform the essential functions
Tools & Equipment:
- Interior of hotel in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures
- Exposure to food and beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to food items and beverages
- Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, slicer, knives, VCM, robot coups, blenders, burr mixers
- Ovens, grills, stoves, flat tops, salamanders
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .