No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guests or required by the hotel. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager. The following is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position. Position:
Dining Room Attendant Department:
Bob's Steak and Chop House Purpose:
To assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests. Reports to:
Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager Essential Functions: * To follow, enforce, comply and adhere to all Bob's Steak & Chop House rules, policies, procedures, standards and recipes at all times.
- Properly prepare dining room for service.
- Set up any and all DRA stations throughout the restaurant.
- Get ice supply for wait station and bar.
- Dust all tables to include table legs.
- Vacuum carpets and sweep hardwoods before restaurant opens and after it closes.
- Keep floors clean and debris free throughout the shift.
- Set tables with clean, pressed linen, china, silver, glassware and pickles throughout the shift in a timely manner.
- Assist servers during meal period. Including but not limited to refilling water and iced tea, delivering bread and butter, pre-bussing, crumbing, running food, etc.
- Remove any extra settings as guests are seated.
- Pour water. Keep water glasses filled throughout the diner's experience.
- Bread service - One loaf of bread and one pat of butter for four or less guests. Two loaves of bread and two pats of butter for five or more guests.
- Assist dish stewards as needed to rotate glassware, plates, and silverware.
- Polish glassware and silverware.
- Perform proper closing duties.