Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
The Severin Bar is one of the top bars in downtown Indianapolis; featuring craft cocktails, a local selection of craft beers, skilled bartenders and exceptional staff.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel in the main restaurant, Severin Bar, and room service. The Assistant Restaurant and Bar Manager is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
• Primarily responsible for the PM shift, assisting in management of the bar and restaurant.
• Spot check liquor pars.
• Order daily supplies.
• Hold pre-shift meetings.
• Follow up on established training steps.
• Handle guest comments and complaints, and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Stay on the floor during peak hours.
• Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
• Observe, teach and correct staff's service.
• Monitor each guest experience.
• Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
• Maintain condition of restaurant, lobby lounge, Starbucks, Severin bar and room service.
• Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
• Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
• Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
• Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
• Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
• Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
• Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
• 3-5 years of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
• Must be Food Handler and CARE certified.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .