Location Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
Servicing of meeting planners and their attendees' needs once they are in the hotel and anticipating the needs of the Planner to ensure the highest level of experience.
- Interact with Convention Services Floor Manager and staff via radio and Delphi reports on an ongoing basis.
- Exercise proper telephone etiquette
- Maintain continuous contact with the Planner, Convention Services Managers, Floor Managers, and Banquet Managers on duty to ensure all items on agendas and on function event orders are on time and as specified.
- Know hotel layout, room names, capacities, and set-up.
- Provide administrative support to Convention Services Floor Managers.
- Assist other Convention Services staff members where assistance may be needed.
- Champion guest service and interact with the planner to service needs (Banquets, Set-up, Engineering).
- Attend Convention Services department meetings on a rotation basis.
- Assume and carry out special projects delegated by the Director of Convention Services, and Office Manager as they relate to the function space or activity.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guests service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints using guest service skills, exhibiting hospitality while striving to exceed guest expectations.
- Resolve difficult or unusual problems arising with guests while maintaining good guest relationships and demonstrating outstanding hospitality through the corrective action taken.
- Practice the principles for guest service as denoted by the service skills evaluation and the POWER OF ONE.
- Identify ways of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our service to guests by actively participating in the Omni Service Tradition program, including new standard implementation.
- Be courteous and respectful towards other associates, demonstrate enthusiasm, and be a team player.
- Be familiar with the Select Guest Program.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of the hotel, hours of operation, menu content, in-house promotions, location of facilities, room layout, features, events in the hotel, and points of interest in the surrounding area.
- Have absolute knowledge of emergency, safety, and security procedures.
- Demonstrate effective telephone techniques.
- Respect hotel property and work areas by keeping them clean, well maintained, stocked, and properly stored.
- Follow departmental policy regarding attendance, tardiness and absenteeism.
- When assigned a pager, answer properly.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Be able to work in a diversified work force.
- Prepare all paperwork necessary for in-house meeting and food functions include BEO & Resources assist and coordination with floor to ensure efficient use of space.
- Ability to make signs.
- Assist Administrative Assistant as needed for documentation.
- Transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .