Overview Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
To maintain the highest standards possible for the guest in Collections and Morsels by ensuring quick, efficient, and professional service to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing, directing and coordinating all functions of the gift shop and coffee shop, including inventory, ordering & re-stocking of both outlets.
- Proper knowledge of equipment use and safety procedures.
- Screening, hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of all gift shop and coffee shop staff.
- Interact with other departments to ensure that guest's needs are satisfied.
- Speak with guests in a friendly, warm manner, making them feel welcome.
- Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Adhere to all policies regarding employee purchases and gift shop employee purchases.
- Ensure the delivery of all items called from guest rooms by confirmation with guests and verify guest room number for room charges.
- Ensure that the lobby and public areas are maintained, clean and tidy by liaison with the Housekeeping Dept.
- Interact with other departments to ensure that guest needs are satisfied.
- Follow proper procedure for payment of goods sold.
- Assist with monthly inventory and maintain a cash bank.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Observe, teach, and correct staff's service.
- Comply at all times with Omni standards & regulations to encourage safe & efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure merchandise is never left unsecured.
- Regularly utilize software programs such as Kronos WFC, Open Table, Synergy, and Epitome.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with all guest scenarios and utilize at all times.
- Must have supervisory experience in a face-to-face, Customer Service environment.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must lead by example; remain professional in all situations.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and co-workers. Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work fluctuating schedules, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.