Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Housekeeping and Rooms Division operations. The person selected will spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel. This position is intended to last for one year so candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- Will learn and perform all aspects of Housekeeping operations including laundry, servicing guest rooms, floor care, houseperson duties, and supervisory functions
- Will learn and perform all aspects of Front Office operations including front desk operations, guest services, concierges, and lobby presence
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid correctly
- Cleaning and inspecting guest rooms
- Laundry services
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitors product inventory and order additional products as necessary
- Assisting with interviewing and selection of staff
- Ensures that all housekeeping operations are performed according to Omni Hotels standards
- Perform guest check-ins and check outs in accordance with Omni policies and procedures
- To be familiar with guest scenarios.
- To be familiar with all technical equipment related to the Front Desk.
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities.
- To be familiar with general organization set-up.
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments.
- Must be able to train new associates.
- Must be familiar with shift checklist and be able to run the desk in absence of the assistant manager
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
- Previous Housekeeping or Rooms Division experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 50 hours per week.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .