Overview Charlottesville Hotel
The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
Ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards amd company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overall management of the restaurant, bar operation, room service and Morsel's.
- Responsible for coaching/counseling and administering disciplinary procedures/policies for all restaurant staff.
- Pre-meal meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for all training including skill certification training.
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Ensure guest satisfaction.
- Examine food preparation.
- Examine beverage presentation.
- Contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions.
- Monitor food waste.
- Monitor labor and payroll costs.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Food and Beverage Director.
- Responsible for weekly liquor orders for the hotel
- Requisition liquor for banquet functions
- Assist with accuracy of liquor room perpetual inventory
- High school graduate, College degree preferred .
- Experience in Restaurant Management is required.
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written .
- Microsoft computer programs (i.e. Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws and be TIPS trained.
- Experience in Micros POS Administration preferred.