Location La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
The Information Technology Technician role is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling associates and vendors.
Operations and Support
- Provides technical support on all computer systems in the hotel. Installs computer hardware and software, maintaining the latest version of service packs. Ensures proper operation of IT equipment while troubleshooting hardware or software issues.
- Ensure that IT systems and controls are in place to comply with corporate policy and procedures in maintaining compliance with PCI standards, backup policies and other Corporate IT standards; performs audits, system maintenance and security reviews.
- Remains abreast of changes in user, system software and hardware requirements.
- Troubleshoot network and system problems; Perform diagnosis on system problems, recommend and implement solutions or draw upon other resources and/or vendors to resolve.
- Train users on proper way to use and maintain the system, which may include conducting training and retraining sessions with hotel associates.
- Coordinate installation of new systems and equipment and assist in any corporate programs or initiatives, which may include beta testing.
- Provide onsite assistance with company issued phones and be liaison between Telecom Providers ensuring all phones are issued per company policy.
- Troubleshoot basic telecommunications issues throughout the hotel, including guest rooms and assist with telephone moves, add and changes.
- Complete work assigned by the Omni Hotels & Resorts Service Desk in a timely manner; prioritize and escalate issues as needed.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Responsibilities will require being on call and at times working off hours based on critical system outages, upgrades, etc.
- No regular travel required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .