Location Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position will ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner. This position is also responsible for checking, confirming and completing reservations for all guests, providing a high standard of service according to Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Assist managers in opening and closing.
- Answering phone calls.
- Ensure guests are greeting upon arrive and seated in a timely fashion.
- Assist in clearing and resetting tables when needed.
- Control heavy volume at Restaurant entrance.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Attend to and anticipate guests needs.
- Familiarization with menu.
- Introduce server to guest.
- Thank guests as they leave.
- Knowledge of daily specials.
- Assign guest checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior host experience preferred.
- Must be able to multi task and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work lunch shifts required.
- Some computer skills needed.