Overview San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Engineering Services and to assist in the daily operation of the Engineering Department.
- Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
- Review work orders and assign work by priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Responsibe for completing the department schedule and administration of payroll and time off requests.
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities.
- Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering Services.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
- Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
- Must have extensive HVAC and mechanical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- 2 years management experience required.
- 3-5 years of hotel engineering experience preferred.
- Previous experience at a convention service hotel preferred.