Location San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
Seasonal Loss Prevention Officers serve three vital functions at our hotel: 1) To help ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, associates and patrons. 2) To protect all hotel property and assets from theft and/or damage by maintaining a secure environment and 3) To act as an ambassador to guests by providing courteous service.
As a seasonal Loss Prevention Office you will assist guests and ensure guest safety during Padres home games.
- Help ensure maximum guest, associates, and hotel safety and security at all times.
- Protect hotel from admission of individuals not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
- Assist with, and respond appropriately to, crowd control situations.
- Follow established guidelines to defuse tense/potentially dangerous situations.
- Report situations to colleagues in accordance with protocol.
- Act as an ambassador for our guests and visitors displaying a courteous, tactful, and helpful demeanor. Be firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
- Respond to emergency and first aid situations in a timely manner according to Omni standards and the law.
- Comply with all Omni standards for confidentiality of guest and associate information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work the Padres home game schedule.
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts including: nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken English is required.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, and to move quickly if needed to respond to urgent situations is required.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner, demonstrating diplomacy, tact and firmness is required.
- Experience within the hospitality industry and/or as a loss prevention officer is preferred.
- Guard Card is preferred