Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
The main objective of the Banquet Captain is to supervise the floor. Create a day to day top quality experience for all resort guests in an effort to exceed expectations. Assuring that food is presented neatly, served on time and that all functions are coordinated properly.
• Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet function
• Effectively supervise and coordinate the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service. Responsible for insuring all standards are consistent at all time
• Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department
• Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures
• Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws
• Report to Banquet Manager any need for repairs of Banquet equipment if necessary
• Individual must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 25-50 pounds frequently, and/or 10-25 pounds constantly to move objects
• Must be able to withstand long hours, working in conditions that are at times difficult and unpredictable to include fluctuating temperatures, inclement weather, vapors and exhaust unique to the hospitality industry.
• A minimum of 4 years Banquet/Food & Beverage service Experience
• Must possess good Leadership, Planning and Organizational Skills
• Extensive verbal and basic written skills associated with this position
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Solid time management skills
• Ability to coach and counsel employees
• Must maintain a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to schedule changes