Overview Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Director of Finance will supervise, monitor, and review all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research , billing, credit and collections, and monitor operations systems and procedures and control features.
- Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of accounting hourly staff.
- Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Provide Accounts Receivable monthly status reports to the Director of Finance, EOC and Corporate Accounting Team.
- Manage credit and A/R associates to ensure smooth A/R process to minimize risk of extending credit and to generate and establish a sufficient cash flow base.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process. Train hourly staff and department managers as necessary on Birchstreet and purchasing procedures.
- Manage daily Cash & Banking, ensuring that each day's credit card batches are paid promptly and reconciled fully, and that all variances and chargebacks are promptly researched and resolved.
- Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
- Review and authorize all rebates, credits, and rebilling for direct bills, credit cards and cash accounts to ensure protection of company assets.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification are resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Review Daily Income Audit work to ensure all areas are in balance and all issues have been addressed and resolved.
- Work closely with all departments to solve Systems & Controls problems.
- Responsible for month-end processing and related balance sheet reconciliations as assigned by DOF.
- Respond to corporate requests promptly
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels' assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role as well as to recommend controls related to the ethical environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College degree in accounting preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Previous hotel accounting experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, both building and maintaining.
- Good time management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.