Location Charlotte Hotel
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Responsible for providing and maintaining high quality service standards in the banquet department. The Banquet Captain will supervise the floor, make sure food is presented neatly, served on time and that all functions are coordinated properly.
- Ensure that Four Diamond standards and a consistent level of guest satisfaction are met .
- Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet functions.
- Be thoroughly familiar with responsibilities of all banquet positions and be able to execute each.
- Supervise the banquet staff members and act as Banquet Manager-On-Duty.
- Exemplify and connect banquet associate to Omni culture
- Assist with staff training and development, conducting Moments of Service Success Checklists as assigned
- Assist with recruitment and selection of banquet associates.
- Monitor and complete daily inventories of banquet supplies and equipment.
- Understand and perform cash handling processes, ensuring each cashier is maintaining bank according to standard.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist; e nsuring all needed reports and checklists are run and completed.
- Complete any assignments or projects assigned by the Banquet Manager| Director of F&B.
- Lead staff stand-ups (line-ups) as directed by Banquet Manager | Director of F&B.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits and handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest.
- Effectively engage in the service recovery process, handling all guest concerns efficiently and to the satisfaction of the guests.
- Participate in issue prevention meetings and respond to alerts in Epitome according to direction of management.
- Communicate all hotel, guest and group information to associates on a daily basis.
- Become familiar with all F&B hotel operating systems and programs.
- Adhere to all Systems and Controls of the Banquet department, and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and assist with completion of performance evaluations.
- Responsible for assisting with monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (one training hour per month and meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
- Maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for personalized, quality service and the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Responsible for covering shifts in the event of call-offs of staff.
- Responsible for providing weekend and holiday coverage.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by management
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Previous Food & Beverage leadership experience is required; hospitality or banquets experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong customer service, analytical, communication, presentation, training, coaching and organizational skills.
- Must maintain a professional business appearance, attitude and performance
- Must be able to handle cash and coin transactions.
- Must be TIPS or RASP certified
- Ability to move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .