Location San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position will be working both Serving and Bartending shifts at Omni's Seasonal Pool Food and Beverage Outlet "The Terrace." This person is responsible for creating a fun, relaxing, and enjoyable environment for guests of the Omni San Diego. They have the enviable task of working outside in beautiful San Diego weather at the finest hotel in the city. When working as a Server, this person will proactively offer food and beverage to our guests, take their orders, and enhance their experience with friendly guest service. When working as a Bartender, this person will maintain a clean, professional top-quality bar, while delivering delightful culinary creations and beverages in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner. This position additionally looks after other areas of the guest experience at the Terrace and works with other Omni associates to ensure our facilities are well-supplied and maintained in tip-top shape at all times.
- Greet all guests and offer food and beverage service to each in a friendly yet unobtrusive manner.
- Maintain knowledge of all menu items and effectively explain the content, presentation and flavor of each item (both food and beverage) offered at the Terrace.
- Suggest complimentary menu items and utilize up-selling techniques to improve the guest experience.
- Take guest food and beverage orders according to Omni standards.
- Input and communicate all guest orders, ensuring items are not forgotten and menu selections are given to the kitchen with all guest specifications including dietary restrictions and special requests.
- Quote service times accurately and proactively follow-up with guests when service times may be compromised.
- Effectively operate our point-of-sale technology to input orders, adjust orders and settle accounts.
- Deliver guest orders, ensuring the presentation is crisp, clean and professional at all times.
- Follow established guidelines to ensure consistency of presentation in all food and beverage orders.
- Ensure the accuracy of each check prior to delivery and ensure the guest is satisfied with the order before leaving their area.
- Follow established standards in order to respond appropriately to guest feedback/complaints.
- Make drinks and garnish according to established recipes.
- Perform all opening and closing procedures, as well as, side work as directed.
- Maintain up-to-date Food Handler's certification and comply with all food safety standards.
- Maintain up-to-date "TIPS" (or Omni-designated alternative) alcohol service certification and comply with all standards relating to safely serve our guests, and restrict alcohol consumption as applicable.
- Maintain an awareness of food and liquor costs and minimize waste, which may raise them.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool (picking up towels, empty cups, food containers, etc.).
- Report any need for housekeeping, restocking and/or repairs.
- Understand and comply with all Omni Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience is required, preferably in an upscale setting.
- Previous hotel experience is preferred.
- Previous experience serving or bartending is preferred.
- Food Handler's Card and TIPS (or equivalent) is required upon start of employment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations is required (cash handling).
- Must be at least 21 years of age (alcohol service).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stretch and reach.