The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in each guest room. Guest Room Attendants refresh rooms for guests who are continuing their stay, as well as, thoroughly clean rooms of guests who have checked out in preparation for the next guest checking in.
• Thoroughly clean guest rooms including: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting
• Restock and replace used items within guest rooms
• Communicate clean status of each room upon completion
• Remove room service trays and tables from guest rooms
• Stock supply cart and ensure that it is neat and well organized at all times
• Check all equipment prior to and after use to ensure that it is in good working order
• Respond to all hotel guests efficiently and in an appropriately friendly manner
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time
• Ability and willingness bend, stretch, reach, and push up to 20 lbs.
• Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working on weekends and holidays
• Previous experience in housekeeping is strongly preferred