Location Charlottesville Hotel
The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
The role of the Front Office Supervisor is to ensure the appropriate checking in and checking out of guests in a courteous and professional manner. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for handling guest issues and forwarding along as neede d.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in policies and procedures.
- To be experienced with various guest scenarios.
- To be familiar with all technical equipment related to the Front Desk.
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities and offerings.
- To understand the influence and importance of all departments on the Front Desk.
- Responsible for the training of new associates.
- Must be familiar with shift checklist and be able to run the desk in absence of the Assistant Manager.
- Understand and be able to perform rooms control duties.
- Broad knowledge of Epitome, Synergy and Vingcard systems.
- Familiar with all reservation special packages.
- Understand all radio codes and emergency procedures.
- Must have the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Attain a high propensity for customer service.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- May require working overnight shift.
- Computer Skills (Synergy, Nucleus, Epitome, Vision, GoConcierge, Microsoft Office)
- MUST HAVE PREVIOUS HOTEL FRONT OFFICE EXPERIENCE
- Must be available to work all shifts including nights and weekends .