Location Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To provide Generalist and administrative support to the Human Resources department. To support the Human Resource function by providing a warm greeting and environment for all associates in the Associate Services Center. The Human Resources Generalist will provide an employment function in the administration of staffing requirements for all Hotel positions. In addition, the HR Generalist will support the Human Resources department with other aspects and functions of the department in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Assist with pre-screening of line position applicants.
- Assists with the completion reference checks on those applicants whom the hotel has identified as potential employees.
- Make appointments with department heads and candidates for interviews.
- Assist with processing of new hire paperwork.
- Maintain job requisition and associates logs.
- Ensure all P.I.F.'s have the appropriate signature for processing.
- Enter all associate data into Ultipro
- Maintain orderliness of office supplies and equipment.
- File and maintain files.
- Answer phones and phone inquiries.
- Type memos and other correspondence.
- Surface all managerial/hourly reviews, with appropriate forms to appropriate manager at least one month in advance of actual review date. Track and monitor timely completion.
- Participate in the Hotel Orientation Program.
- Collect, sort and distribute office mail.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Manage the application flow log.
- Ensure internal audit compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of Human Resources experience required, recruiting experience preferred.
- Relevant hospitality and/or customer service/administrative experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; Preferably in hospitality or human resources management.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, guest service and teamwork.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency; specifically with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments
- Must be flexible with schedule to include some weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .