Overview Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
The Resort Outlets Chef will provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef and insure effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets of all 9 restaurants and pop up outlets. Strong knowledge of food cost and inventories. Must have at least 5 years experience in a kitchen management capacity excellent knowledge of current culinary trends. Must have experience in high volume hotel business. Must be competent in culinary creativity as demonstrated by cooking test. With strong knowledge of food cost and inventories. Position requires bending, continuous standing, pushing, pulling carrying & lifting up to 70 lbs. Must have ability to work standing up in a confined area for long periods of time in order to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
- To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
Customer Service, prior admin experience preferred.
- Associates degree or higher preferred in Culinary Arts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs, Excellent organizational skills
- Clear, positive, energetic communication skills.
- Previous Restaurant Chef or Banquet Chef experience required. 4 star establishment or higher preferred.
- Serve Safe certified food manager
- Previous experience with J1 Visa Program and Culinary Externship Programs preferred