The Packaging Manager of Highland Brewing Company is responsible for managing the maintenance and scheduling of the kegging, bottling, and canning operations. The manager is responsible for leading a dynamic team of full-time employees to safely and efficiently package beer by streamlining process and removing any non-value adding waste. The manager must have a strong mechanical background, and a deep understanding of lean/ process improvement, electrical troubleshooting, and critical systems of the brewing industry.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Operations
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Works with QA to ensure that product is ready for packaging
· Manages inventories of packaging materials
· Works with the Supply Chain Manager and QA to ensure the quality of packaging materials
· Interviews and selects staff for Packaging Team
· Evaluate staff performance in 90 day and annual evaluations
· Manages staff performance daily and provides coaching for improvement
· Oversees the training and supervision of packaging staff
· Coordinates with Brewery Operations Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and Sales Department to ensure correct mix of packaging is produced
· Maintains packaging equipment; including preventive maintenance, spare parts inventory, and adjusting equipment as needed
· Oversees the installation of new equipment or modifies existing machinery
· Works with QA to makes improvements on quality and processes
· Ensures packaging staff follow safety procedures and wear PPE
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial maintenance or related field
· OSHA 10 preferred
· Three years mechanical experience in a production facility
· Two years in leadership role
· Beverage packaging experience preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
· Excellent mechanical skills
· Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry and the brewing process
· Ability to motivate and supervise personnel
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
· Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
· Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
· Willingness to occasionally work events on evenings and weekends is required.