Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible to conceive, plan, direct, control and implement all strategies and activities to generate and maximize overall revenues, through marketing, sales, promotion, advertising and public relations that will impact positively on all operating departments of the hotel, thereby resulting in a profitable return on the ownership's investment. To oversee, stimulate, guide and support the Sales operation and the Convention Services Department; work closely with the Catering Department to maximize catering revenues: maintain positive interdepartmental communications; contribute to the overall direction and operation of the hotel and to effectively control and minimize all marketing expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues and occupancy.
- Ensure full maximization of rooms potential.
- Maintain emphasis on exceeding established group rate guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
- Stimulate productivity of all sales staff through guidance, development and support.
- Develop, maintain and implement creative packages to fill identified need periods in all markets.
- Active solicitation of key accounts to generate direct sales.
- Maintain Sales Team's focus on a Proactive Solicitation environment.
- Assist in the achievement of overall Food and Beverage revenue.
- Design and seize all advertising and public relations opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and implement the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Effectively control all marketing expenses to insure optimum operating profit.
- Ensure that all administration procedures are in place and functioning effectively.
- Ensure that all required reports are completed on a timely basis.
- Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
- Provide proper collateral and information vehicles to keep customers informed an updated on the hotel.
- Ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth.
- Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
- Through the Convention Services Department, maintain product and ensure the protection and cleanliness of the owner's physical assets.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years in a Hotel Sales Leadership role.
- Ability to interview, supervise and train subordinates.
- Ability to plan, direct, supervise, monitor and review all sales functions
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment to resolve personnel and production issues that arise during daily operations.
- Ability to review and analyze written reports.
- Ability to prepare sales, financial, activity, and forecast reports.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information using the appropriate computer systems.
- Ability to communicate successfully and maintain good interpersonal relations with co-workers, sales prospects, guests, vendors, and others via telephone, in writing and in person.
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today! Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .