Location Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To properly take all guest orders, communicate them to the servers and work to expedite their service. To properly perform all control and revenue related paperwork for each shift.
- 10% Prepare cashier table - carry sign and cash register to assigned room.
- 70% Selling drink tickets - placing orders in MICROS and printing out guest checks/using cash register.
- 10% Perform opening and closing paperwork - follow cash drop standard operating procedures.
- 10% Return sign and cash register to storage location
- Take drink orders for guests.
- Collect cash/credit for payment.
- Issue receipt and chips.
- Know and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Printing of reports at the end of the shift and banking out.
- Complete other duties assigned.
- Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions.
Physical Demands Based on position
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- High School or equivalent education required
- Previous experience is desirable in hotel setting as well as customer service experience
- MICROS experience preferred
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Omni standards.
- Must be able to work New Year's Eve (December 31, 2018)