Barton Creek Country Club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club's members and maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to hotel specifications, and to work with chef to ensure expectations of all aspects of food and staffing are met.
- Supervise daily food preparation for assigned areas.
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff.
- Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees.
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Keep all refrigeration, equipment and storage of working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulation.
- Teach associates the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation, ensuring the level of quality, portion control and plate presentation is adhered to by department staff consistently.
- Teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests.
- Prep, stock and rotate line to ensure ample supply of products is maintained.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Work closely with wait staff to exceed guest expectations.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Required to have at least 5 years culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant kitchen with minimum one year kitchen supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Must work well with others with ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking in a high volume restaurant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to adhere to recipes.
- Self-motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to write and perform daily prep list and par sheets.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
- Food handlers certification required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry moderate weight. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting. Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.