Overview New Haven Hotel
Located in downtown New Haven and just steps away from the prestigious Yale University, the Omni New Haven @ Yale University surrounds you with luxurious comfort and unparalleled service. The Omni Hotel stands out within New Haven's skyline. Enjoy breathtaking views from our guest rooms or John Davenports Restaurant located in the 19th floor overlooking the Yale Campus.
Come join our award winning team at the only 4-diamond hotel in New Haven where you'll experience a rewarding and fostering work environment!
To work closely with the Front Office Manager to ensure maximum Front Office operating efficiency, while ensuring a seamless exceptional guest experience.
- Handle all training with associates to ensure Omni Standards.
- Communicate with all department managers on continuing basis. Especially the communication with Night Audit each evening/morning.
- Handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
- Be very familiar with the hotel computer system for training maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Complete weekly supply inventories to ensure adequate pars of such.
- Complete rate discrepancy report and make needed changes.
- Block/assign applicable arrivals for the following day; i.e. V.I.P.'s, ESP's, Special Requests, etc.
- Prepare group information sheets.
- Complete check-out with balance report.
- Complete credit check daily.
- Adhere to all Systems & Controls of the Front Office and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assure knowledge and training of Marketing Programs of company and hotel.
- Work closely with the Loyalty Ambassador to ensure all select guests are being tracked and serviced.
- Represent the department at designated meetings & forums.
- 2 years previous luxury hotel Front Desk superivory position. Graduating OMNI LID with hospitality experience will be considered in lieu of related 2 years experience. A Graduated OMNI MID / SDDP participant would qualify.
- Supervisory experience in labor setting within an inner city market in hospitality preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for the entire scheduled shift.
- Customer service oriented, ability to multi-task, detail orientation, and excellent organizational skills needed.
- Four year college degree, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems and related operational systems (OPera, synergy, kronos preferred)
- Strong technical & financial aptitude. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Strong training skills & hands on participative management style.
- This is not an entry level position.
End of Job Description