Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To provide for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Director acts as senior liaison between individuals in the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department.
- Directly supervise the Purchasing staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
- Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu tie-down, weekly forecast and Financial Services. Conduct department staff meetings to review and discuss new objectives and other concerns identified in interdepartmental meetings.
- Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
- Coordinate and monitor work performed by Storeroom Manager, specifically Food and Beverage requirements according to forecasted menus.
- Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards. EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
- Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
- Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures. Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
- Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
- Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
- Minimum of 2 years of Purchasing/Shipping & Receiving management experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a luxury high volume hotel.
- Strong knowledge of Food and Beverage inventories and ordering required.
- Proven leadership skills which support an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Computer proficiency; with developed excel skills and previous experience in Oracle, Birchstreet, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer, with ability to easily learn our proprietary software and requisition system.
- ServSafe certification preferred; must have previous experience storing and handling food items.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including early morning hours, holidays and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .
End of Job Description