Summary About Us
The City of Asheville is dedicated to providing quality service for the residents and visitors of our beautiful city, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. Asheville, NC is a thriving mountain city that has a culture enriched in diversity.
The City of Asheville values and respects a diverse community, workforce and ideas, and is committed to promoting an equitable, fair, and just employment environment. Our organization seeks to create and provide access and opportunities to employees, residents and visitors to fulfill their potential through inclusive engagement practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.About Our Opportunity
We are currently hiring a Parking Attendant to join the Transportation Department, Parking Services Division. This position is a 30 hours per week position, which is benefited. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and basic computer skills. Work Schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Wednesday: 3:45 PM -12:00 AM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employee works in a climate controlled booth in one of four City owned parking garages. Will be continually exposed to exhaust fumes from vehicles. by assisting parking customers, directing traffic, working special events, running cash register and performing custodial, maintenance and grounds keeping tasks to the garage and surrounding areas.
- Provides customer service by answering questions and giving information and directions.
Education & Experience Education/Experience:
Licensing and Certifications:
- Basic knowledge of customer service, cash handling, custodial responsibilities, with some related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Working Conditions Knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of learned procedures, practices, routines to deal effectively with routine work.
- Ability to read and understand basic workplace data, such as simple forms, tables, graphs, schedules, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written form.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
- Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.