Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Omni Louisville Hotel is seeking a dynamic sales leader who brings leadership, revenue driven hotel sales experience and is interested in joining an industry leading company. Based in Louisville, you will lead our sale efforts managing an assigned territory and engage in key account relationships for the Omni Louisville Hotel. If you are goal oriented, energetic, have previous or current hotel sales experience then we offer the perfect environment for you to succeed.
To assist in implementing all strategies and activities to generate and maximize overall revenue, through marketing, sales, promotion, advertising, and public relations that will impact positively on all operating departments of the hotel, thereby resulting in a profitable return on the ownership's investment.
To assist the Director of Sales in support of the Sales operation and work closely with the Catering Sales, Conference Services Department, and Reservation Sales Department to maximize revenues; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; contribute to the overall direction and operation of the hotel and to effectively control and minimize all marketing expenses while exceeding overall budgeted revenues and occupancy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure full maximization of room potential in both occupancy and revenue.
- Implement strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
- Active solicitation of accounts to generate direct sales, with emphasis on key accounts in territory and be able to travel outbound to such territories.
- Maintain Sales Team's focus on a Proactive Solicitation environment.
- Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
- Solicit accounts within assigned market segment.
- Prospect and develop new accounts in line with the hotel's stated Mission Statement and booking guidelines.
- Maintain aggressive weekly telephone, site inspection and personal call goals.
- Use all prospect sources as laid out in the Time Management Section of the Sales Action Plan.
- Follow up promptly on leads generated by the Global Sales offices within 24 hours.
- Achieve budgeted room rate and revenues based upon seasons.
- Knowledgeable of the subtleties inherent in the assigned market segment and of the role it plays in maintaining the profitability of the hotel.
- Participate in development of direct mail and all promotions related to the assigned market segment needs.
- Is current with all market-related publications in order to stay on top of all industry trends and uncover any potential leads.
- Achieve targeted referral goals for all Omni Hotels.
- Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
- Ensure thorough communication to Conference Services, Reservations, Accounting regarding the groups unique details in the turnover process.
- Be visible while the client is onsite and actively partner with the Conference Services Team to ensure a seamless experience starting at sales phase through group's departure.
- Maintain and foster impeccable relationships with local industry partners.
- College degree in Hospitality or Marketing preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience selling to and managing accounts.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Desktop computer (Opera, Delphi, Oracle, Kronos and Microsoft Office), printer, telephone, copier, fax machine and scanner.