Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide clerical and administrative support to sales managers including typing, computer related activities, filing, tracing, answering telephone, booking individual reservations and client contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1) Maintain knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
2) Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
3) Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
4) Access all functions of computer according to specifications.
5) Set up workstation with necessary supplies and resource materials; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
6) Record messages legibly and completely.
7) Greet all individuals arriving to offices courteously and assist with their needs.
8) Arrange meeting room requirements and site inspection rooms as requested.
9) Establish and maintain filing procedures.
10) Retrieve and distribute departmental mail.
11) Process requests for overnight mail and other delivery/messenger services.
12) Prepare and send faxes as required, receive and distribute faxes to appropriate personnel.
13) Make photocopies and scan documents and process as specified.
14) Type correspondence, memos and reports as assigned according to hotel standards.
15) Attend designated meetings, take minutes, transcribe and distribute.
16) Document all guest requests/complaints and communicate such to respective personnel for proper handling. Follow up on guest satisfaction.
17) Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
18) Prepare requests for room reservations and distribute according to hotel procedures.
19) Complete and distribute amenity request forms; follow up on any changes.
20) Ensure that all managers receive messages and packages in a timely manner.
1) High school graduate.
2) Strong communication skills including oral and written presentations in English
1) Knowledge of computers and software programs including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint .
3) Ability to type 50wpm
4) 1 year of administration experience.
2) College graduate.
3) Ability to communicate in second language.
4) Knowledge of reservations and property management systems Epitome and Opera (ORS).
5) Knowledge of Sales and Catering Management system Delphi .
6) Previous training in guest relations.
7) Strong understanding and expertise in the sales process
1) Ability to promote positive relationships via telephone.
2) Ability to identify callers needs and provide direction.
3) Ability to remain calm in pressure situations.
4) Ability to communicate issues and concerns at all levels of the organization
5) Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment and work cohesively with other departments.
6) Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary
7) Ability to maximize capabilities of software.
8) Ability to input and access data in computer.
9) Ability to type 50 wpm accurately.
10) Ability to focus attention on details, be well organized and follow up.
11) Ability to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time with limited movement.