Location La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Make drinks for servers and guests; including smoothies and specialty coffees. Always act in a professional manner while on duty. Keep bar clean and stocked at all times. Act as cashier, being responsible for a bank and all checks opened in your server number. Keep your bank balanced on a daily basis.
- Be on time and adhere to uniform codes and policies. Must follow all service standards detailed by management.
- Complete knowledge of entire food and beverage menu and any menu specials offered for that particular day; including complete knowledge of all drink recipes. Complete pour tests as needed.
- Create all drinks for guests and service staff. Drinks will include alcoholic, non-alcoholic, smoothies and specialty coffees.
- Fill requisitions. Keep the bar fully stocked with fresh cut fruit, ice and all items on the par sheets.
- Tender all checks opened according to Omni procedures. All server checks must be closed out properly at the end of their shift. If issued a bank it must always be equal to amount issued.
- Maintain cleanliness levels according to food safety and sanitation guidelines. EcoSure standards must be followed at all times.
- Servicing guests at the bar and in the Lounge area with a warm and friendly attitude. Must work with a sense of urgency and be able to multi-task. Never leave the bar unattended without prior management approval.
- Answer the phone when needed (i.e., to go orders). Be able to answer any guest questions or direct them to someone who can.
- Transfer opened checks for guests who are waiting to be seated in the dining room to appropriate server.
- Must have one year of bartending or barista experience, experience in both is higly preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work all weekends and all holidays.
- This position will start June 4 and end September 15.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .