Location Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
The Meeting Concierge is part of the Conference Services team which represents the ultimate in appearance, poise, and attentiveness. (Please refer to appearance standards)
The Meeting Concierge is to provide a daily support to all in house group guests, (express groups, catering groups) & meeting planners. The Meeting Concierge will respond to customer inquiries and requests, providing information as requested i.e. in house meeting reader board information, convention activities, location of events, etc. The Meeting Concierge serves as a resource/advocate for all meeting planners and in house guests, and will be equipped with current means of hotel communication, including Nextel, phone, email, etc. Meeting Concierge will also be equipped with the most updated information i.e. daily event sheet, resumes, reader board information, hotel telephone lists, etc. Due to the complexity of the hotel layout, the Meeting Concierge will serve a pivotal role in directing guests to their designated meeting rooms, providing directional assistance and requested information to guests in person. . A sense of urgency will be a critical responsibility of that position. A "do it right now" attitude should be projected at all times.
- Being alert and attentive at all times to guests' needs, understanding the image projected represents the total hotel.
- Meeting Concierge is to present a friendly attitude, excellent listening abilities, and pleasant body posture at all times and is knowledgeable and helpful in assisting guests.
- Maintain professional uniformed attire, to include jewelry and dress shoes (no tennis shoes, open toed, clogs, or mules).
- Presence on the convention floor begins at 6am and times may change based upon group requirements.
- Overcoming guest challenges and complaints in a calm collected manner by LISTENING to the guest and projecting the highest ability in solving problems.
- Meeting Concierge will be responsible for obtaining, understanding and utilizing the following information, on a daily basis:
- Reader board information
- Daily event sheet
- Group resumes
- BEO's and Diagrams
- Arrival/departure manifests
- Special arrangements: i.e.: VIP arrivals, limo services, guest speakers, etc.
- Meeting Concierge will also be capable of understanding confidential group information (BEO'S, pricing, room rate, and guest room numbers). The concierge should not share any BEO or resume information prior to contacting the manager. (Do not give out guest room numbers, guest room rates or banquet food and beverage prices)
- To respond to guest and meeting planner needs in a timely fashion.
- To follow-up with all guests after attending to their problem and ensure the resolution meets their expectations.
- To communicate all necessary information to the hotel departments in a timely and accurate manner via Nextel, email and/or telephone.
- Provide a daily report to the Hotel (Recap), of any guest service issues.
- To provide information on guest services as well as meeting rooms benefits and features (ie wireless internet, complimentary cyber café, business center).
- Should be aware of the hotel location in relation to all attractions, such as Disney, Universal, Sea World, restaurants, etc. Have pre-printed directions to the most common asked about locations.
- Encourage and promote reservations and visits to hotel outlets by being aware of and recommending "favorite or popular" menu items or offerings, suggestive selling, create demand (ie filling up fast with this big group in-house I would suggest a reservation etc.) Strong emphasis on promoting Morsels as a great quick stop.
- To provide information on resort health club and spa, recreation facilities and all golf facilities including the David Leadbetter Academy.
- To be aware of hotel fire safety procedures and fire routes.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Able to multi task, in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excell, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Previous Experience in a Four Diamond or Luxury Hotel/Resort environment preferre d
- Previous Convention Sevice experience preferred
- Able to stand or walk for long periods of time
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .