Location San Francisco Hotel
Amidst the breathtaking views that can be found in any corner of the city, San Francisco has something for everyone. You will find a vibrant culture full of art, historical landmarks, museums, world-class restaurants (including a few gourmet food trucks), music festivals, community fairs and championship-caliber sports teams. In just seven square miles, this coastal city packs in a lot and right in the hustle and bustle of it all is the four-star Omni San Francisco Hotel; an ideal destination for guests and associates alike.
The associates at the Omni San Francisco Hotel establish challenging and motivating careers as they receive training and mentoring from a hotel that consistently holds rank at the top of guest service scores. With low turnover, a familial setting and a commitment to development evidenced by its internal promotion rate, the Omni San Francisco Hotel is the perfect place to jumpstart your career. If you seek empowerment, recognition and a diligence to provide superior service, the Omni San Francisco Hotel could be everything you have been looking for.
The role of the Night Auditor/Relief MOD is to ensure the appropriate checking in and checking out of guests in a courteous and professional manner while maintaining four star/four diamond standards and the accurate completion of the night audit process. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for handling guest issues and forwarding along as needed.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni's Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
- Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access
- Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
- Maintain guest history files on all guests
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions
- Performs the required system prints during the night audit shift to ensure a current back-up of the hotel arrivals, vacant & in-hourse list is available.
- Verifies front desk cashier work is balanced
- Ensures all guest accounts are accurately posted with room and tax
- Read, initial and sign the 'Ideal Service Recovery' standard and procedure
- Ensures the completion of all night audit functions
- Distributes all close day reports and morning reports to the appropriate departments
- Prepares and distributes the Daily Report
- This position will serve as the Manager on Duty when the Night Manager is off
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Previous hotel front desk experience is required
- Prior Front Desk/ Night Audit experience preferred
- Prior experience in high volume luxury hotel preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .