Location Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
Maintain, repair and clean mechanical areas/equipment, handle guestroom problems, perform preventative maintenance. Assist with other trade mechanics in their duties to ensure a safe, clean and well-maintained hotel.
- Repairs and performs maintenance on guestrooms, caulk bathrooms, replacing burned out lights, painting and wall covering repair.
- Clean and paint various areas throughout the hotel, as assigned.
- Clean culinary diffuser, return air registers and toilet exhaust where not accessible from a 6 foot ladder
- Set up/breakdown of equipment needed to perform job function.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with hotel policies and departmental policies and procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities.
- Inspect guest corridor wallpaper regularly.
- Maintain all paints and painting supplies.
- Assist in training personnel in proper painting techniques
- Assist other trades/engineers when needed.
- 2 years maintenance related experience in a hotel, or similar such as condominiums/apartments.
- Experience with
- General Plumbing
- General Electrical
- Paint, drywall, wall vinyl repairs
- Experience and knowledge: Heating and cooling systems: water boilers, pumps, chillers, cooling towers, domestic water pumping stations and controls.
- CPO Certification a plus: Recreational water treatment skills and knowledge.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding or use a man lift to work at heights up to 30 feet, often times reaching above head for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces and in awkward positions.
- Ability to perform task requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions during the duration of the work shift.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guest/visitor and hotel personnel to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Knowledge of SafLok Key System is a plus.
- Knowledge of LodgeNet TV System is a plus.