Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
- Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
- Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
- Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
- Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
- Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
- Assist with supervision of pool area, being able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by LP and Rooms Division Management.
- Minimum one year security/loss prevention experience and/or customer services role with consistent guest interaction and guest resolution responsibilities.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified and/or willingness to receive such training.
- Must present registration as unarmed security guard/officer with the state of TN within 45 days of hire.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers. This includes via email, telephone and two way radio.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems (intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel at a rapid pace if necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to complete incident reports and participate in investigations.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment when handling sensitive matters.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors in extreme temperatures assisting with supervision of pool activity as assigned.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Requires bending, reaching overhear, kneeling and use of stairs. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .