Overview Mokara Hotel and Spa
The Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio's world-famous Riverwalk is just steps from all the action yet worlds away. Mokara has a long-standing history of excellence. As the only four-star hotel in San Antonio, Mokara is the first choice for sophisticated travelers. Be a part of an attentive staff by making our guest stays a memorable one.
The Mokara Hotel & Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Mokara Hotel & Spa may be your perfect match.
The Spa Director will be responsible for the overall operational function and management of the Spa and will demonstrate leadership throughout the Spa and Hotel to maximize guest and team satisfaction. Is responsible for all Spa policies and procedures and has direct supervision for the Assistant Spa Director along with the Cosmetology and Massage Supervisors.
- Implements and monitors the budget plus manages expenses within the approved budget constraints for the entire Spa.
- Will serve as MOD of the Resort when scheduled.
- Manages the Spa team and develops relationships with all guests and vendors.
- To create, maintain and oversee a marketable and profitable Spa while meeting/exceeding financial goals
- To directly supervise the Assistant Spa Director plus the Cosmetology and Massage Supervisors
- To actively create and promote special promotions and events
- To actively create and promote local day guest business through gift cards, special occasion celebrations and holiday events
- To assist in promoting and marketing the Spa to Hotel Guests
- To provide personal attention to the guests
- One to two years post high school education
- Previous spa experience is preferred, particularly experience in supervising and administering sales and marketing or spa operations
- CPR and First Aid certification is desired