Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To maintain daily role/function of the food, beverage and general storerooms.
- Responsible for proper receiving, storing and issuing of all food and beverage products in the food, beverage and general storerooms under the guidance of the storeroom manager.
- Inspect and unpack all merchandise received, and stocks/stores it.
- Assists storeroom manager in keeping the storeroom properly organized by sorting by group as stated by the storeroom manager.
- Assists in pricing and dating with a "pricing gun" all groceries and canned goods; also being aware of the importance of the first in/first out (F.I.F.O.) rotation.
- Strictly adheres to the operating hours of the storerooms.
- Assist storeroom manager in filling General Storeroom requisitions.
- Assist in end-of-month inventories.
- Keep all unauthorized persons "off premises"; check requisitions for proper authorization.
- Assists storeroom manager in the inspection of the refrigeration units and brings to his attention any deviation from the set temperatures as well as any deterioration of the quality of the perishables (record temperature on a daily log).
- Responsible for the cleaning of all storerooms.
- To follow/adhere to Omni Hotels operating procedures and local health regulations.
- Start a list for out of stocks/goods not received "items" so that follow-up can be made.
- Verify that no requisitions are left open (all requisitions should be completed and closed out).
- Check and lock all coolers/storeroom doors before departure at end-of-day.
- Experience in purchasing/receiving and/or previous hotel experience preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks/assignments and while working as a team player.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Must be service oriented and possess a friendly approachable demeanor.
- Ability to read requisitions and complete orders as requested.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance and 100 lbs with assistance.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including early morning hours, holidays and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .