Barton Creek Country Club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club's members and maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Club Food & Beverage Division functions, in accordance with Club and Omni standards. Will oversee and direct the operation of the Restaurants, Banquet functions, Bars and On-Course F&B Service. Will direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Review daily high cost item inventory control sheets and food cost comparison to potential.
- Develop action plan if food cost is off target.
- Review production planning to forecasted covers.
- Review production planning for Banquets and check banquet reconciliation daily.
- Review and maintain other expense control sheet as well as missing check report.
- Review abstract trend of daily specials; appetizers, desserts, side orders in percent to total covers and compare to production sheets.
- Review cover counts against sales goals.
- Compare average checks and develop action plan if average check falls below budget.
- Monitor to ensure that all stations are working with production sheets and amounts are produced as listed on those production sheets.
- Ensure that amounts are sufficient for forecasted covers.
- Make sure that cooks follow recipes and that food for banquets is not being overproduced.
- Stream-line coordination of Food and Beverage products served in Banquets.
- Check portions for size as established in menu item recipe.
- Check that food products meet purchasing specs.
- Check that there is no free pouring of liquor.
- Ensure that plates meet specs and pictures.
- Ensure that specials served have price value relationship.
- Check on pick-up time for service personnel.
- Check that food items in kitchen area are properly stored.
- Ensure that sanitation standards are met (local Health Code Requirements).
- Monitor waste in kitchen, garbage pails, on the line, in the refrigerator and walk-in areas.
- Ensure quality in employee's meal product.
- Ensure buffets and coffee breaks set ups, table tops and uniforms for banquets.
- Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Perform any other duties required by senior management.
- Minimum of five years experience as a food and beverage leader in a luxury hotel or high-end country club.
- Must have a proven track record of motivating managers and associates to meet and exceed goals and to provide the highest quality experience for our guests.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, checkbook management, productivity, inventory controls, P&L analysis, food and beverage cost controls.
- Strong computer and technical skills to include Micros and on-line purchasing systems.
- Ability to track and analyze department turnover trends with demonstrated ability to identify and implement corrective action steps if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop growing talent for the company.
- Demonstrated ability to handle progressive discipline/coaching discussions.
- Proven ability to engage associates at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Club Sales, Hotel Sales and Catering leadership.
- This individual must be willing to work flexible hours as needed during busy times and high profile events.
- Must meet standards of appearance.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on food and beverage knowledge and experience including multiple outlets, banquets, and P&L responsibilities.