Location New Haven Hotel
Located in downtown New Haven and just steps away from the prestigious Yale University, the Omni New Haven @ Yale University surrounds you with luxurious comfort and unparalleled service. The Omni Hotel stands out within New Haven's skyline. Enjoy breathtaking views from our guest rooms or John Davenports Restaurant located in the 19th floor overlooking the Yale Campus.
Come join our award winning team at the only 4-diamond hotel in New Haven where you'll experience a rewarding and fostering work environment!
This position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
- Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
- Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO's).
- Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for the duration of a full-shift.
- Must be TIPS Certified.
- Previous serving experience in a four-star/four-diamond hotel, banquet hall, catering facility or resort.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .