Overview William Penn Hotel
History defines elegance in this classic, downtown Pittsburgh hotel. Since opening the doors in 1916, the Omni William Penn Hotel has played a starring role in the city of Pittsburgh, hosting movie stars, politicians, heads of state, and leaders of business and industry. A recent multi-million dollar renovation has only enhanced the beauty of this luxury hotel to ensure that generations to come will enjoy the outstanding service, guest room accommodations, and award winning cuisine that have defined the Omni William Penn Hotel for decades.
This position is a #2 position in an extremely large culinary operation including 5 Restaurant outlets and very high quality and volume of banquets.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef plan and implement menu design, creating and setting dishes, as well as being able to create standard recipe cards for each dish. Work with the Executive Chef with capital expenditure items for the Food and Beverage Division.
- Assist and maintain the control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Assist in control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- Assist in interviewing and recruiting suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with HR and the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary controls.
Unless noted differently applicants must be able to work all days including AM, PM, weekends & holiday shifts. 530 William Penn Place | Pittsburgh PA 15219 | Human Resources Office | William Penn Level Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
- 4-6 years minimum of Culinary management responsibility in a high volume, fast paced, full service hotel or resort preferred.
- Must excel in culinary creativity as demonstrated by cooking tasting with strong knowledge of current trends within the industry.
- Ability to assist in planning, production and execution of the high volume banquets and catering operation, which includes 55,000.00 square feet of meeting space.
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing in a union environment.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of computer software programs such as Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must present Serv Safe Certifications upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .