Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
• Supervise and coordinate assigned shift.
• Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
• Check staff punctuality.
• Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
• Spot check liquor pars.
• Order daily supplies.
• Hold pre-meal meetings.
• Follow up on established training steps.
• Handle guest comments and complaints.
• Ensure guest satisfaction.
• Stay on the floor during peak hours.
• Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
• Observe, teach, and correct staff's service.
• Monitor each guest experience.
• Examine food preparation.
• Examine beverage presentation.
• Handle any guest complaint.
• Maintain condition of dining room.
• Administrative responsibilities.
• Assist manager in:
- Forecast weekly
- Forecast monthly
- Completing weekly payroll
• Participate in interviewing new employees.
• Prepare maintenance requests and follow-up.
• Complete other assigned duties.
• Cost control
• Monitor food and liquor requisitions
• Monitor food waste.
• Monitor labor and payroll costs.
• Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, bottles totally empty.
• Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws:
• Dram Shop Act - Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to intoxicated guests.
• Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to minors.
• Must know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
• Perform any other duties assigned by management.
• Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
Must have previous Food & Beverage experience, preferably in hospitality.
High School or GED preferred.
Must have the ability to multi task.
Must be able to lead, develop, and train others.
Must have strong Communication Skills.
Strong problem solving skills preferred.
TABC and Food Handlers certification required.